Middle Market Underwriting Specialist, Commercial Insurance
Our underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a particular customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as a Liberty Mutual Insurance underwriter, you will possess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover. Are you looking for a Commercial Underwriting opportunity with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? We have an excellent underwriting opportunity available. As a Commercial Underwriter you will work to manage assigned agencies, select profitable risks and build a profitable portfolio of accounts. In addition to a wide range of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance education and training are paid by us.
- Build & manage internal and external sales relationships.
- Select profitable risks based upon individual account criteria and underwriting standards
- Manage portfolio to control the overall mix of accounts, manage exposures & take prompt action when necessary
- Develop new business and retain existing accounts
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred, continuing insurance education desired
- Success driven individual who has demonstrated 3-10 years of success in a commercial underwriting role
- Ability to analyze variables, such as type & amount of coverage, loss control, credit reports, and loss experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts & underwriting guidelines
- Ability to interact successfully with customers to build & maintain good business relationships.
- Negotiation and pricing skills
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics