Middle/Back Office Development Team Lead with at least 8 years of development experience in the hedge fund or asset management industry.
- Manage project requirements and priorities relating to his team
- Lead Developers on a variety of projects across departments.
- Develop, support and/or enhance firm's in-house developed applications primarily within the Middle Back Office space
- Work with middle office, operations and fund accounting to understand business workflows and requirements around additional security specific reporting/analytics systems
- Create technical architecture and roadmap for new/existing development
- Closely collaborate with the rest of the Middle Back Office Technology team to leverage existing apps/utilities and follow programing standards established by the team
- At least 8 years of development experience in investment/securities industry, 3 years or more must be in hedge fund or asset management.
- Full lifecycle development including requirement, architecture, implementation, testing, and release to production / DR environments.
- .Net Framework – C# programming and experience with advanced multi-threading concepts.
- Web technologies – Angular, React, REST services, Web API, etc.
- SQL Server development for data query and update
- Hands on development experience related to portfolio attribution, real-time reporting and analytics.
- Broad financial instrument knowledge, including Equities, Options, Futures, FX, Fixed Income, Exchange and OTC Traded Derivatives, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting, cash balances, activity and position reconciliations
- Report development using SQL Server reporting service or any other BI suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Reliable in supporting production systems
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated success in building applications and working with 3rd party to implementing vendor systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Working knowledge with Advent Geneva Portfolio Accounting system
- Experience working with market data (i.e. Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg APIs etc.) and reference data systems (Security Master).
- Experience with order management systems (Charles River)
- Experience with reconciliation tools (Electra, SmartStream etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL and handling big data.