In addition to a competitive salary, ISS – Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
Benefits are subject to change
Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company, provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. ISS develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company has an immediate opening for a CyberSecurity and Accreditation (C&A) Engineer to work on several technologies maintained and developed by Polaris. The C&A Engineer will work closely with a collaborative team comprised of Software Engineers, Software Testers, System Administrators, Program Managers, and Government Customers. The candidate will be responsible for creating, updating, and managing submittal documents including Configuration Management Plan, System Security Plan, System Security Test Plan, Security Controls Traceability Matrix, Continuous Monitoring Plan, Plan of Action and Milestones, and other supporting artifacts as applicable to the project.
The C&A Engineer will configure and run vulnerability assessment tools, (e.g. SCAP Compliant, ACAS/Nessus, AppScan, etc) and support mitigating open issues. The candidate will need an overall understanding of the submittal process and support obtaining and maintaining Software Certifications and/or Authority to Operate (ATO) for the systems.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in Certification and Accreditation, CyberSecurity, Software Engineering, SecurityEngineering or product Testing
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three (3) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree
• Experience includes 3+ years in accrediting fielded systems under federal regulations related to information security (RMF, DIACAP, FISMA, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience creating and maintaining documents for submittal requirements (SSP, CMP, CONOPS, SCTM, Test Plans, etc)
• Strong technical aptitude and experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.) and understanding of security related technologies
• Conduct SCAP compliant, SRR, and ACAS vulnerability scans of application servers to determine security compliance
• Develop and maintain Information Assurance policies and provide program policy compliance, oversight, and report findings to program management
• Work with team of professionals in achieving approvals such as ATO, IATT, CTF, or CoN for GOTS software applications
• Experience working with STIGs/SRGs
• Have excellent time management skills with proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks
• Active TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
• Must be a US citizen, based on government customer requirements
• Ability to manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems (Windows / UNIX ) as well as maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
• Previous software testing experience and test plan writing
• Installation, configuration, deployment, administration, training in support of a virtual infrastructure environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All employment candidates may be subject to background screening and will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen.