Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”) provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The Company has approximately 1,100 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company has emerged as a leader in the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) domain. From pure research to directly supporting space operations, our space programs are firmly focused on maintaining US space superiority through cutting-edge enterprise computing expertise and SSA domain knowledge; these allow ISS to architect robust solutions tailored to real-world operational requirements.
This position is in the Space Operations Department in Colorado Springs, CO., and is focused on the development and administration of a wide variety of systems and environments. You will be responsible for deploying and configuring software releases to both test and operational environments. You will also be responsible for maintaining these systems, configuring both operating systems and software products, as well as installing required software patches and security updates for the systems. In addition, you may provide assistance during test and integration events by resolving system problems, provide system backups, and system maintenance. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world, cutting edge Space Situational Awareness systems which are changing how the Space community is doing business.
Candidate must have strongtroubleshootingand communication skills, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and 6-12 years of experience in system administration. Eight (8) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree
• System Administration skills in Windows Server 2008 & 2012
• System Administration skills in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Knowledge and experience with VMware and virtualization
• Experience configuring and maintaining server hardware
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals
• Experience with scripting languages such as Windows Powershell and Unix shell for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks
• Experience maintaining multiple baseline environments (production, test, development)
• Experience with installation and maintenance of authentication/authorization software e.g. Active Directory
• High level of self-motivation, ability to define, manage, and prioritize tasks in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, enjoy customer interactions
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
• DoD 8570 Certification (Security+, CCNA, etc.) or ability to obtain
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Windows certified (MCSE) preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals, to include Cisco IOS familiarity
• Experience with installation and maintenance of databases such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
• Experience with interpretation and application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• Experience with installation and maintenance of application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, and WebLogic
• Experience with installation and maintenance of web servers such as Apache HTTPD
• Experience with administration of configuration management software (Puppet, Chef)
• Experience with configuration management and software build processes
• Experience with cybersecurity tools.