GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate. If you’re driven, fast track your career at GHD.
We have an opportunity for a Mid-Senior Air Quality Engineer/Compliance Manager with strong project management and communications skills to join our rapidly expanding air quality practice in the Lake Charles, LA office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Project management/coordination of various air quality projects including maintenance of project scope, schedule and budget and coordination of project teams and direct client communication
- Air permit application development, including any required air dispersion modeling, from minor to major source permitting, Title V, PSD, construction permits, amendments and modifications, air emissions inventories, greenhouse gas reporting, state and federal regulatory applicability, and compliance auditing.
- Ability to work as part of a project team and the ability to coordinate activities with vendors, clients and contractors
- Preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets
- Data compilation, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards
- Participate in proposal development, technical conference presentations, and support with general marketing and business development activities.
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering
- 7-10 years of experience in air quality/environmental consulting field
- Professional engineering license
- Must have experience and familiarity with oil and gas operations, petrochemical, manufacturing, and utility power industry.
- Must have experience in managing a team of technical engineers who will assist in completion of required deliverables.
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner; must have strong technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials is a must
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% regionally as required
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Must reside in Lake Charles, LA or surrounding areas