If you’re an aggressive closer looking to hone your craft and crush your numbers, then BlackLine is looking for you. Here, you’ll deliver our award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform to accounting and finance teams in a multi-billion dollar market space. As a member of our growing mid-market sales team, you’ll have broad authority to construct your pipeline, a steady stream of pre-qualified opportunities, and support from BlackLine’s experienced team of sales and solutions experts.
- Contribute as a member of the mid-market team to achieve the overall strategic group objectives
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales quotas, including deals closed, users added and conversion time
- Meet prospecting and business development goals, including call volume and pipeline building
- Convert prospects to clients by fielding pre-qualified opportunities, conducting discovery and building relationships, using best practices to maximize the sales process
- Collaborate with demand generation and marketing to expand pipeline and increase sales velocity
- Document daily activity in Salesforce and build and maintain accurate pipeline.
- Develop and maintain territory business plan and deliver accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast commitments to sales management
- Presentation development and delivery to all level of management including Accounting professionals, C Level Finance Executives and IT.
- Ability to travel within N. America 15-20% of the time to visit prospects in territory, regional events and Conferences
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contract terms with customers
- Learn and become proficient in the BlackLine applications and develop an understanding of the product marketplace in order to effectively communicate the value proposition
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction
- Establish effective sales strategies and tactics that result in new account business generation
- Work closely with other departments and support staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, demos, legal contracts and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction.
- 5+ years of experience selling finance/accounting software and/or SaaS solutions
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and comfort in fast-paced sales environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills