The Mid-Market Account Executive will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts. Verticals in territory include media, retail, manufacturing and services focused companies.
- Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
- Developing and growing Mid-market presence for SAS through new logo acquisition. The individual best suited for the position is tenacious, creative, strong communicator and enjoys success.
- Implements various aspects of territory and account management and development; organizes and engages prospects in territory through effective planning followed by execution.
- Qualifies and advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business.
- Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to qualified, revenue potential opportunities.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; leverages SAS’ selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
- Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a territory sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
- Preferred Locations: Atlanta, Cary, NC, Charlotte, Orlando, Tampa and Miami.
- Additional Location: Southeast.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- 2+ years of field sales experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered.