Our Water Resources Engineers:
- Work on a range of stormwater management, green stormwater infrastructure, and other water resource protection projects
- Support clients through the life of a project from studies, models and planning, through design, regulatory compliance and permitting, construction, and monitoring.
- Have strong geospatial and cartographic knowledge with GIS applications, including experience with GIS in the planning, design, and implementation of water resource projects and studies.
- Possess strong experience with out of the box and add-on GIS tools used for project conceptualizing and planning efforts.
- Have strong knowledge of civil/site design to aid in the completion of contract documents for stormwater projects; specifically, experience in CAD-based design and/or working in detail with technicians to complete plan sets including site, stormwater, and erosion/sediment control plans.
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision to complete draft deliverables for stormwater projects including but not limited to watershed and planning studies, stormwater design practice feasibility and selection, design calculations and reports, construction plans, and cost estimates.
- Have an understanding of current federal, state and local MS4 and other stormwater regulations, design guidelines, and permit requirements to support project success.
- Execute stormwater, green stormwater infrastructure, low impact development and other design projects
- Assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects, including task management experience.
- Conduct existing site and facility assessments and identification of stormwater retrofit opportunities.
- Stream restoration planning and design services.
- Maintain strong relationships with regulatory agencies to support project permitting.
- Communicate and work directly with clients.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering with emphasis on similar work tasks as outlined
- Green Infrastructureexperience
- E.I.T. certification
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- 6-9 years of experience planning, study, design, and construction of stormwater BMPs, green stormwater infrastructure, and retrofit projects
- Experience with H&H and water resource design calculations including TR-55 / TR-20, storm drain and culvert calculations, outfall design, and the latest PADEP stormwater guidelines.
- Experience with H&H and water resource design software such as SWMM, HydroCAD, or otherpreferred software.
- Experience with ArcGIS and ESRI platforms for water resource planning and design (CAD platform a plus).
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft products including SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to develop and utilize complex spreadsheets a plus.
- PE certification