Summary / Description
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Test Developer interested in joining our team in Annapolis, MD and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware. Actively participates in engagements that result in profitable revenue growth. Identifies opportunities for follow-on business that brings additional value to the client. Follow-on engagement opportunities include additional implementation services engagements, increasing Unisys chargeable hours, creating change orders when additional work required is outside the original contracted scope of the project and/or services proposal activity in Unisys portfolio areas.
- Has responsibility and accountability for the correctness, viability, and estimates for the infrastructure implementation-related services and components within their engagement.
- Is recognized within Unisys and/or external organizations as an expert in two or more of the specific infrastructure disciplines and is sufficiently knowledgeable to make implementation decisions and uses this knowledge to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
Specific Infrastructure disciplines include:
- Platform infrastructure and operating environments including Unisys products
- NetworkInfrastructure and network management
- SecurityInfrastructure and operating environment / application security
- Middleware and enterprise integration
- Systems Management
- Common services infrastructure including File, Print, Messaging and Collaboration Services
- IT Operations Infrastructure
- IT Processes
- IT Governance, Measurement and Controls
- Provides thought leadership on implementation and integration of COTS components and third party infrastructure products and tools.
- Leverages current industry, technical knowledge and/or entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to perform consulting engagements and participate in pre-sales activities.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in two or more infrastructure discipline areas including trends, current and forthcoming industry standards and the current and horizon vendor/product landscape and uses this knowledge to support organizational strategy and to formulate and implement organizational strategy.
- Demonstrates proficiency and leadership in infrastructure configuration, installation, construction, test, deployment and performance tuning and/or operations and applies this proficiency in the delivery of services for clients.
- Is responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of infrastructure deliverables within their assigned project. Ensures that all implementation artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards.
- Takes responsibility for the complete integrity of the entire large or major infrastructure solution area as designated in the project plan.
- Configures, installs, implements and supports complex technologyinfrastructure solutions for a client unit or organization.
- Applies industry or domain knowledge to develop custom solution recommendations that conform to project requirements and constraints utilizing industry standards, best practices and internal and/or third party products.
- Integrates solutions from one or more areas of specialization into existing client environments.
- Freely shares expertise and knowledge with peers throughout Unisys.
- Provides leadership and is able to communicate with management (Unisys and client) in areas related to infrastructure and future strategy.
- Interfaces extensively with the client’s senior management (e.g. IT Director) on business, IT infrastructure and technical issues.
- Provides technical presentations to internal and external clients.
May assign and review tasks, provide appropriate mentoring, manage performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Serves as a technology mentor for junior practitioners across the company.
- Monitors the performance of internal and external service providers and/or sub-contractors in order to ensure the awareness or requirements, adherence to project quality, timely implementation of deliverables and resultant client satisfaction
Master's degree and 10 years experience or equivalent required
Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one
Experience with the following desired: Rational DOORS Next Generation (DNG), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Team Concert (RTC) & Rational Suite.