Develops publication elements for all levels of maintenance for new or fielded equipment systems or multiple sub systems including theory of operations, flight manuals, testing and troubleshooting procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, removal and installation procedures and schematic diagrams. Resolves source data gaps and inconsistencies with originator.
- Develops draft illustrations and provides art mark-ups.
- Updates publication elements based on internal/external reviews, source data changes and equipment modifications.
- Collects, researches and analyzes source data to include equipment requirements, maintenance concepts, task analysis documentation, work flows and concept of design to determine impact to technical publications.
- Identifies source data inaccuracies and takes corrective action.
- Validates source data assumptions.
- Conducts peer reviews of completed publication elements for overall technical accuracy and customers format standards/specifications.
- Supports customer verification reviews and takes corrective action based on outcome.
- Analyzes technical requirements to determine project scope and deliverables.
- Estimates the impact of the proposal or changes to the publication elements.
- Develops technical publication project plan, budget and baseline schedules.
- Monitors performance to project plan and budget and takes action to meet project objectives.
- Participates in or conducts customer technical and program reviews.
- Resolves identified discrepancies and initiates corrective action.
- Travels for work 10% of the time.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- More than 5 years' of Technical writing experience.
- More than 5 years' of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical orders
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills and Experience):
- Experience with ICBM Weapon System
- Basic knowledge and/or experience with the development, verification, deployment, maintenance, and decommission of complex weapon systems
- Experience with using, updating, or maintaining technical operations manuals (TOs)
- Experience with technical writing and editorial skills
- Experience with military maintenance and logistics teams
- Have Instructor/Training or training/courseware development experience
Bachelor's degree and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.