Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS), Space & Launch program has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Systems Architecture Modeling & Simulation Engineer (Level 3) who will help develop and analyze state-of-the-art satellite systems for national security programs, commercial, civil, and other government programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team focused on analytical and technical solutions for executing our latest satellite systems.
- Defining and analyzing satellite systems and evaluating system performance for various scenarios and vignettes.?
- Developing end-to-end space system architecture analyses and simulating operational tasking and resource utilization.?
- Performing system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and requirement decomposition.?
- Supporting complex space based architecturetrade studies.?
- Supporting system-level integration and validation.?
- Initiating and leading analysis activities for space based satellite systems, including: system utility, capacity, subsystem modeling, and performance assessments.
- Developing analysis tools and 3D visualizations using MATLAB, STK, and custom object-oriented software.?
- Communicating (both written and verbal) clear and crisp insights and observations based on complex analytical models and technical data interpretation to senior-level leadership and external customers.?
- Organizing and managing the parallel execution of multiple, diverse, complex analysis tasks.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers, and for the world.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)/Special Program Access (SPA) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline is required.
- Experience in engineering modeling and/or analysis with computer programming of analytical models, simulations, and/or data processing of space related systems.
- Experience with MATLAB for data analysis and/or modeling and simulation.
Preferred (Preferred) Qualifications
- Proficiency in C++ is desirable, or recent experience with other objected oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics and attitude control.
- Experience using STK (Satellite Tool Kit) for analysis and/or visualization.
- Proactive, self-starting, independent individual with strong interpersonal, analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
Job ID 1800096759