Mid - Level Subcontract Administrator
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Subcontracts Administrator to work out of our office in Poway, CA.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for providing subcontract support to one or more business units. Areas of responsibility include source evaluation, source selection, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services to provide for subcontract awards in accordance with company policy and department standard operating procedures. Selects or recommends subcontractors, issues awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. Responds to complex and diverse inquiries which may require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and department operating procedures.
- Identifies subcontract issues and develops solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard subcontract provisions and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure and teaming agreements.
- May advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts and make presentations as required.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts, including export considerations.
- May participate in the selection, development, and training of subcontract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of acquisition principles, theories and concepts and experience demonstrating the application of those practices, techniques, and standards. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; and, (4) excellent computer skills. Working knowledge of SAP is desirable. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 14519BR