Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
- With supervision, identifies a nonconformance of a process or product by gathering data, writing problem reports, communicating to the team lead and with direction follows up on the action taken for the solution.
- Assists in root cause analysis on the nonconformance to identify the cause and prevent reoccurrence.
- Supports the development of the software verification processes.
- Initiates, participates and coordinates peer reviews.
- Supports audit preparation and data collection.
- Provides input to the lessons learned process.
- Provides metric data input and assists team lead with metric data analysis.
- Uses software development plans, software configurations management and other software plans to develop a check list to verify compliance with the plan.
- Uses industry standards (e.g., Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMi), AS9100) by applying them to the test plan.
- Provides input for feedback to project staff and managers on the results of these activities.
- Provides data on quality records to higher levels.
- Reviews supplier/subcontractor delivered documentation against contract requirements.
- Evaluates data received from supplier/subcontractor to verify status and progress.
- Provides results to senior staff.
- Assists in conducting software verification test.
- Develops and maintains verification activity logs.
- Feeds verification results into anomaly reporting and change management system.
- Assists the lead in developing, implementing, and installing the test environment, e.g., test tools, specialized software, drivers, data acquisition hardware/software) per the test plan.
- Helps the team in maintaining the test baseline and the test environment throughout the course of planned verification and validation activities. Submits work for technical evaluation by senior staff.
- Validates that the products meet requirements through inspection, demonstration, analysis and tests.
- Makes routine contacts with the product development teams with direction from the lead.
- Participates in reviews of the software development procedures (e.g. software development plan, software configuration management plan).
- Provides input to the senior engineers for the software quality assurance plan, software verification plan or auditschedule.
- Provides limited input to the development of the verification test plan and procedures.
- Assists in the population of the verification matrix to include traces between requirements and test procedures.
- This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- An active Secret Clearance is strongly desired
- Software verification processes
- Experience in software verification test environment
- Experience with Test plan
- Verification and validation
- MS UWP
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin.
Job ID 2017-3682