Mid-Level Software Engineer
The Towers Watson and Willis group of companies (the “Company” or “Willis Towers Watson”) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turnrisk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
A changing healthcarelandscape creates new opportunities. With our combined understanding of regulation and risk, behavioral insights and technology platforms, we create innovative exchange-based services and solutions that enable people to navigate options with confidence, and give employers decision-making peace of mind.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You should value expertise and a passion for the craft of Software Engineering. You should be able to recognize and stay up to date on current techniques and tools, but also be prudent knowing what is and isn’t a good fit.
- Gain the skills necessary to be a full-stack engineer if not already possessed
- Help improve the quality of software by writing unit tests, and performing code reviews
- Work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Mentor others on the team, but open to others’ ideas
We’re looking for individuals who love building software. You should have experience, but always willing to learn new things. You should be picky about the type of environment you want to work in because that matters just as much as the pay you would receive.
You will also meet most of the following requirements:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with ES6/ES2015, ReactJS, or AngularJS is a plus
- Consider testing an important discipline while writing software
- Accept ownership of your work and the overall project
- Good at communicating ideas as well as hearing others
- Solid experience with OOP and approaches to software design