How you’ll make a difference:
You’ll be part of our larger technology team and ensure that applications used by our teams and customers alike are modern, powerful, and deliver on our promise of a WOW! experience for both our team and customers. Millions of Custom Ink customers and hundreds of team members interact with our tools and so your work will ensure those interactions are seamless and intuitive. Whether focused on business or consumer facing applications, you’ll directly contribute to the evolution of the tools that keep Custom Ink growing!
What you’ll do:
Our engineering teams work proactively to solve challenges associated with a growing, high-volume, customer-driven ecommerce and retail business. In this role, you’ll be a full stack engineer with ownership of critical functionality related to the Custom Ink platform and work collaboratively on continuous innovation to ensure we deliver an optimal Web experience for our customers and intuitive tools for the Inkers that come through for them. This is an ideal position for someone who enjoys the rhythm of agile, test-driven development cycles and the rewards that come with delivering technology that has instant impact on a growing business.
Measures of success:
- You are a contributor to our culture. You help to evolve our software practices by participating in (or leading) design sessions, brown bag sessions, and team discussions
- You consistently commit to building high quality software. You strive to commit well designed and maintainable code with low defect rates
- You complete your assigned tasks in a timely manner. You identify gaps in your requirements and immediately raise concerns along with proposed solutions
- You will demonstrate ownership of our software and applications by resolving defects (your own or your team’s), keep gems/modules/frameworks up to date, and support the team in emergency situations (attacks or outages)
What we look for:
- Multiple years of work experience in designing, developing, and maintaining public-facing Web applications deployed in the AWS environment
- Background in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred
- Full stack engineer - You are comfortable in the browser, the database, and everything in between
- Deep commitment to test driven development, and examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects
- Demonstrated and documented interest in dynamic Web languages, evolving frameworks, AWS/serverless platforms and other progressive technologies that could be applied to improving the Custom Ink Web experience