Boeing is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer to work in their Seal Beach, CA location.
Primary responsibilities will address all phases of the flight software development lifecycle including:
- Requirements and interface definition
- Design, development, and integration of embedded software simulations for space-based applications
- Configuration management and release
- Product maintenance
This position will also require the ability to effectively communicate with internal customers during development and after product release. The candidate will also be expected to lead several parallel tasks as part of a dynamic team of systems and software engineers.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)/Special Program Access (SPA) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years’ experience developing embedded software using C
- Direct experience designing and developing software for a real time system
- Experience with software debugging tools such as gdb and configuration management tools such as CVS and clearcase
- Experience with developing software in a RTOS environment using VxWorks, familiar with WindRiver’s IDE Workbench and debugging facilities such as System Viewer
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with scripting tools such as TCL/Tk, Perl and standard Unix/Linux shell programming