Mid - Level Software Engineer
We are currently seeking a talented Mid-Level Software Engineer to join our growing team and one of our fully funded prime programs! This position would be based at on offsite location in Annapolis Junction.
B.S. degree or higher in a technical discipline is preferable. An additional 4 years of specialized experience can be substituted for a degree.
• Fourteen (14) years software engineeringexperience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
• Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
• Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; perform quality control on team products
• Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
• Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Develops or implements algorithms that meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assists with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Writes or reviews software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Mid-Level Software Engineer Job Description:
• The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements.
• Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
• Resolves software problem reports.
• Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design.