- Manage all aspects of project management and project lifecycles by effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, controlling, and bringing to closure multiple, large, high profile, high priority projects.
- Act as a role model and mentor on project management methodology, standards, strategy, quality and change leadership.
- Serve as an influential leader by demonstrating PM professionalism, passion/enthusiasm, providing communication/motivation and creating teamwork and collaboration.
Responsibilities may also include assembling project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources as needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. Communication with external customers regarding projects is required.
- Create and maintain an effort-driven project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Control and track project performance (scope, time allocations, cost, conversion targets, and quality) by constantly evaluating project progress and conducting regular team status meetings.
- Determine, monitor, and review all project economics, including costs, staffing requirements, resources, and risk.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Anticipate and identify risks and issues that may impact deliverables; develop and implement mitigation and corrective actions.
- Monitor and report on the status of project efforts (including weekly time reporting, issue management and risk prevention/mitigation)
- Ensure the project remains focused on key objectives and goals and comply with established methodologies. Develop and manage project expectations ensuring all applicable functional areas are engaged on the project.
- Develop and pro-actively execute project plans from initiation through close out; taking established PMO Best Practices and applying as needed to each project
- Ensure that the project stays on plan by identifying issues and actions and leading team members to resolve issues and complete actions; taking the initiative to make decisions consistent with achieving project objectives
- Identify and manage risks associated with projects and minimize their impact on the project success
- Report on progress and escalate key issues to management in a timely manner to maintain progress
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of formal Project Management experience (e.g., PMI/PMBOK) utilizing a consistent and methodical approach to project delivery
- Minimum 3 years of PM experience with Infrastructure projects - e.g.,
- Managed Service Provider/Hosted environments (Public or Private Cloud)
- Server implementations
- Firewall / security projects
- Windows / Linux buildouts
- Database server buildouts
- Service Desk transition and operations
- Experience working in the Information Technology industry
- Experience managing concurrent infrastructure projects and project teams in a matrix organization that scale to 15+ resources.
- Experience managing medium/large scale projects - distributed resources, multi-data centers, etc.
- Solid change control experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Project Management work experience
- PMI CAPM or PMP Certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient with Project Management tools including MS Project
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes and SDLC
- Excellent Communication Skills. Must be comfortable communicating with C-level staff and possess demonstrated experience in making articulate and effective oral presentations to a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Strong ability to professionally manage a cross-functional team of multiple project resources (including partner-resources and third party vendors) effectively.
- Ability to step into projects already in progress or in need of rescue
- Detail and big picture oriented
- Self-starter and proactive in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Organization and time management skills: must be able to operate independently with minimal guidance by management and meet deadlines under pressure
- Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis
- Extensive experience in meeting planning and facilitation
- Proactive issue and risk identification, tracking, management, and resolution
- Status collection and reporting – via documents and status meetings
- Experience in managing multiple projects, priorities, and project scope creep
- Ability to work in collaboration with project team members
- Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodology experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Professional Services background
- Financial Services experience/background
- Life Sciences experience/background
- Experience with compliance and audit requirements
- Experience with Windows SharePoint Services
- Experience with ServiceNow preferred
- General office environment
- Occasional travel required (less than 10%)
- Must be onsite (this is not a remote / telecommute position)
- This role requires flexibility, as off-hours activity will be needed to coordinate across a globally dispersed team