The 777X program is looking for a highly motivated Mid-Level Production Engineer to provide shop support, lead change incorporation developing schedules for work instruction/design improvements and affordability projects.
- Develops and implements production and tooling methodologies
- Participates on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines
- Develops, identifies and implements conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build
- Leads and implements manufacturing plans
- Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements
- Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices
- Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions
- Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts
- Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems
- Implements lean principles and technologies
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Minimum 1 year of experience implementing continuous process improvement, leanprocesses, and employee involvement and engagement strategies in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role
- 3+ years of experience analyzing spacecraft/aircraft engineer designs for producibility
- Minimum 1 year of experience using CATIA V5 and/or Unigraphics NX
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing)
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing producibility trade studies
- Experience with Shop floor Liaison Support, Product Structure Maintenance, Integrated Process Planning, and Model Based Work Instructions
- Experience with the development of project plans to incorporate change, work instructions, and product structure
- Experience with MBOM Generation, IPDM, MESci, Compass Contracts and Design for Manufacturing Producibility