ICI Services is looking for a motivated individual who wants to join our team in support of a major Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) program in Washington, DC. We are a mid-sized defense contractor providing Engineering, Logistics, Program Services, and Technical Services to government clients in 20 states and the District of Columbia. We need a Mid-Level LCAC/SSC Powertrain Engineer ready to join a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
- Applicant must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance.
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and othermechanically functioning equipment.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Leads the Ship Shore Connector Acquisition and Production in support of PMS 377
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks
- Manages teams on contract support personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the customer interface at the senior levels of the customer organization
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items
- Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
- Develops and enforces work standards
- Provides quality assurance, communicates goals, objectives, and policies.
- Provides financial management and project administration
- Supervises and directs staff on a daily basis
- Produces practical life cycle engineering solutions
- Troubleshoots failures, develops cost assessments and if necessary performs a work-around for Navy ship production
- Perform full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Design systems and components to meet requirements
- Produce outline designs
- Conduct experiments, analyze data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Evaluate the final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Propose design modifications to eliminate problems
- Solicit observations from operators and other stakeholders
- Prepare product reports and documentation
5-10 years of professional experience in the Defense acquisition process, contract management, technical and business management
3 years of the experience must have been within the last 5 years, in support of DoD contract management
Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience
Demonstrated knowledge of DoD acquisition management, contract, technical and business management
Demonstrated understanding of the DoD contracts and contract analysis and has knowledge of DoD contracting processes in the technical or program area specified area
Generating technical information and reports
- Working experience with product lifecycle management and finite element analysis
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering and design products
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- Bachelordegree in associated Engineering Discipline
- Project Management Professional PMP or Equivalent (DIAWA III)
Req #: 3605