The Mid-Level J2EE Developer will be part of a team of developers supporting the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM). SOA components of the target architecture include:
- IBM Tivoli WebSeal (Apache) - v220.127.116.11, and WebSphere Application Server v18.104.22.168, for the Web Server & Presentation Layer and for Enterprise Application Services;
- Oracle 11g R1 Relational Database Engine - v11gRi, for Data Services;
- Documentum ECM v6.7sp2, for Content Management and Workflow Management Services;
- Crystal Reports Java Reporting - XI, for Reporting;
- SunOne Server (LDAP) v7.0 and IBM Tivoli Access Manager (TAM) v6.1.1 for Security Services.
All candidates must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance with the federal government.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-7 years of J2EE experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work on large scale systems as part of small development teams; Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills necessary.
- Must be able to support team members in maintaining the product backlog, release backlog, sprint backlog, velocity and burndown charts, and work within 2-week sprints with 25-30 items in the backlog.
- Must be able to attend release and sprint planning meeting sessions, (b) daily scrum/standup sessions, (c) sprint review sessions, and (d) sprint retrospectives sessions, and work in a collaborative environment that follows the Bank’s established agile development methodology.
- Must have experience with standards compliant J2EE COTS solutions that deliver functionality and integrate independent components in service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Must be able to utilize J2EE best practices within the EXIM application architecture across the client layer, presentation layer, application layer and data layer.
- Must possess proven ability to implement major improvements and enhancements in the capacity as J2EE developer.
- Must be able to support team members in maintaining a release schedule for the DEV, SQT, UAT, PROD and COOP environments for all agile J2EE development activities, and store all build files (e.g. ear, war, jar, sql, etc.) in the software versioning and revision control repository following change management processes.
- Must be able to support team members in creating the release build for the production and coop environments. Team will develop detailed deployment instructions for the Production Deployment Manager (PDM) to successfully complete the installation and execution of all build file(s) for the release within the production and coop environments.
- Must be able to work with team to write and modify SQL Scripts to query database, be able to identify and report data anomalies, and conduct automated script testing exercises. This includes being able to perform standard data exchange practices (e.g. JSON) and writing manual and automated tests scripts that validate how an end-user would expect the system to work.