- Provide system development, engineering and integration support services to include requirements and concept of operation development, system design and development, configuration and test, production deployment and maintenance support
- Develop and manage detailed project schedule using MS Project
- Perform system test, evaluation, configuration management and quality assurance
- Develop and maintain technical system documentations
- Develop scopes of work, cost and schedule estimates
- Develop training materials and deliver training on newly deployed systems and/or features
- Identify and report dependencies, progress and risks associated with assigned tasks
- Collaborate with network architects, Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity entities to ensure system compliance
- Execute daily tasks as assigned
The Mid-Level Engineer shall have, at a minimum, 5-10 years of direct systems engineering and technical services experience. The Mid-Level Engineer shall possess in-depth knowledge of HSPD-12, FIPS 201, FICAM, physical access control systems, identity management, biometrics, systems integration, and other Electronic Security Systems (ESS). In-depth knowledge will be verified by demonstrated working knowledge and respective minimum five years field experience.
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred.
- ASIS International Physical Security Professional (PSP) highly preferred
- Smart Card Alliance Certified Smart Card Industry Professional / Government (CSCIP/G)
- Smart Card Alliance Certified System Engineer ICAM PACS (CSEIP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Minimum 4-year Engineering degree or 5-10 years of experience. Experience may be substituted in exchange for degree.
- Ability to resolve highly-complex and difficult engineering problems and devising unique solutions to meet client requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to serve in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with team members, managers, and clients on highly-complex and difficult engineering issues pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.