Due to continued growth, Enercon Federal Services is seeking a Mid-Level Civil/Structural Engineer for our office in Idaho Falls, ID, Baton Rouge, LA, Fort Worth, TX and Kennesaw, GA. This will be a full-time position. This is a challenging opportunity to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve various complex civil and/or structural engineering issues.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Perform work requiring the application of basic technical principles, theories, standards and concepts. This will include reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications as necessary to support preparation of project deliverables, such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations.
- Develop specifications of structural components.
- Perform static equivalent and dynamic analysis of structures for seismic loads.
- Gain familiarity with and application of industry codes and government regulations.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data prepared by other engineers or subcontractors.
- Prepare design studies, project scopes and engineering estimates.
- Manage budget, scope, schedule, and quality associated with the designated work assignment with minimal guidance and technical oversight.
- Devise new approaches to technical problems. Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
- Perform site walkdowns to identify design solutions and develop cost-effective problem resolutions.
- Travel to and participate in field installation and proposal development walkdowns.
Required Qualifications / skills
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of Civil/Structural engineering experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and/or maintain a DOE L or Q clearance
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of structural calculations
- Familiar with concrete and steel design codes and with working stress and ultimate strength design approaches.
- Familiar with the International Building code and building code design
- This position requires the use of discipline specific computer analysis codes as well as standard office production software
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor as well as work effectively in teams
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Must be able to traverse client sites to conduct walkabouts.
- Must be able to travel between 20 - 25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescored access to nuclear facilities.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Experience supporting project for the federal government (DOE, DOD, etc.)
- Experience and/or field experience working under an NQA-1 or ISO9001 Program.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.