Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services Group is seeking a Structural Engineering to join the ENERCON Team based in our Kennesaw, GA (HQ) location . T his is a challenging opportunity to analyze, troubleshoot and solve various complex civil and/or structural engineering issues in the nuclear power industry. The individual selected for this position will remain focus on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, operability and maintainability of the engineering being provided.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Design and analysis of changes to existing power plants as well as new plant systems.
- Develop Equipment mounting, foundation design and pipe support calculations and designs.
- Understand Seismic Qualification of equipment.
- Support of engineering design and analysis projects for the power industry.
- Perform work requiring the application of basic technical principles, theories, standards and concepts. This will include reading and understanding design drawings and technical specifications as necessary to support preparation of project deliverables, such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations.
- Perform reviews, assemble and prepare design modification packages.
- Develop specifications of structural components.
- Perform site walkdowns to identify design solutions and develop cost-effective problem resolutions.
- Perform static equivalent and dynamic analysis of structures for seismic loads.
- Gaining familiarity with and application of industry codes and government regulations.
- Familiar with concrete and steel design codes and with working stress and ultimate strength design approaches.
- Familiar with the International Building code and building code design.
- This position requires the use of discipline specific computer analysis codes as well as standard office production software.
- Prior experience in the design of pipe supports, structures, etc., at nuclear power plants is desired.
- Most projects are multi-disciplined and require extensive interface with other staff engineers as well as engineers working out of our offices.
Required qualifications / skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 9 years’ with power system design experience at nuclear power plant required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of structural calculations is desired
- Must be able to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Good writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
- Ability to be badged at a nuclear power plant.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- PE or SE License desired.
- Experience supporting projects for the federal government (DOE, DOD, etc)
- Experience and/or field experience working under an NQA-1 or ISO9001 Program.
- MicroStation experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.