SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Madison, Wisconsin office of SmithgroupJJR is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Lead small to large-sized projects and serve as the project civil engineer ensuring that the technical aspects of the project meet the quality expectations while complementing the design intent.
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment that includes Civil Engineers, Landscape Architects, Planners, Architects, Structural Engineers, MEP Engineers, Interiors, and Lighting Designers
- Serve as Project Manager of select projects
- Produce civil engineering designs, including preparing project plans and specifications for waterfront, site development, or redevelopment of educational, medical, research, commercial and public facilities.
- Produce plans, details and specifications for all aspects of civil engineering including grading and drainage, stormwater management, underground utilities, retaining walls, roads and other site related features.
- Provide guidance and mentor less experienced civil engineering staff.
- Perform site reviews, construction site visits, coordinate all aspects of Construction Administration.
- Communicate with clients, sub-consultants, contractors, all government levels of regulatory agencies regarding engineering, permitting and site development issues.
- Work on a variety of Practice Types – Waterfront, Campus, Urban Design, etc..
An ideal candidate has:
- 7 to 15 years of design experience working as a Civil Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher in Civil Engineering.
- Structural Experience or Structural Education a plus
- Experience AutoCAD and Civil 3D programs.
- Ability to multi-task under rigid deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Professional Registration in the State of Wisconsin, or ability to become registered.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.