This position supports customers on a 24/7 basis and operates on a variable shift and rotation schedule. The incumbent will travel to integrate with customer, suppliers, and other organizations.
- Applies knowledge of Boeing and engineering design principles in order to develop solutions to product/ process issues for production or simple technical in-service issues.
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment on specific components/limited systems.
- Provides technical briefings on assigned subject matter at internal company conferences, customer meetings and to Boeing leadership.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Assists system owner in preparation of technical communications.
- Participates on-site customer's facilities to disable product repair teams.
- Collects, researches, and evaluates fleet data on customer findings for product/process improvement opportunities that may include recurrent or emergent product support issues.
- Participates and supports Integrated Product Team (IPT) activities to identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety.
- Communicates directly with the customer on a daily basis to develop repairs and provide repair options to help the customer optimize their business.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in Structures Engineering
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.