Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
8 - 10 years
Posted 159 days agoby Swetha vemulapally
The MicroStrategy Developer will work withinternal departments to define and develop reporting solutions for the enterprise. In addition, they will perform all aspects of requirements review, architecture design, and development to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
1.) Creation and management of all MicroStrategy objects, including, but not limited to, attributes, facts, metrics, and prompts.
2.) Set up and configure MicroStrategy Projects to conform to business requirements and security considerations.
3.) Participate in the full software development life cycle and provide expertise in MicroStrategy development.
4.) Work with Business users to help refine business requirements.
5.) Work with Business Systems Analyst and QA teams to ensure programming code meets business requirements.
6.) Mentor co-workers in MicroStrategy develop standards and practices.
7.) Perform new and upgrade installations on MicroStrategy servers
8.) Working knowledge in Teradata and/or AbInitio
1. 7+ years of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse experience including gathering requirements, design, development, administration, testing, and support
2. 3+ years of strong MicroStrategy development experience.
3. Bachelor's degree in Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or other data analysis discipline. Demonstrated experience considered in lieu of technical degree.
Skills and Abilities
1. Understanding of data movement (ETL), Business Intelligence and industry trends.
2. Knowledge and familiarity with gathering requirements, analyzing data, data mapping, and report/database development.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to mentor others on MicroStrategy.
5. Strong troubleshooting skills