The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to apply their expertise and knowledge of systems engineering for development and analysis of complex system requirements and usage scenarios. The engineer guides the development, maintenance, and support of Dimensional Fund Advisors technical infrastructure that includes network, hardware, database, and system software components. The candidate must have an in-depth understanding of the technology landscape and act as the face of the Systems Engineering group to other areas of the organization. In addition, they provide technical guidance to more junior Systems Engineers.
Job responsibilities include decomposing high-level requirements into systems and sub-systems specifications and supporting the firmwide delivery of hybrid cloud services including related systems that encompass Microsoft Azure AD, Office 365, Exchange Online, and other Microsoft cloud workloads. The delivery of both current and future workloads is in scope for this role.
- Work as a technical expert for the firm in the following areas:
- Supporting modern hybrid identity and authentication service models. Technologies include but are not limited to: AD DS, Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Password Hash Synchronization, Win10\Hybrid Azure AD-join, Azure AD App Proxy, etc.
- Azure AD Conditional Access policies and integration with Microsoft Intune, user sign-in risk levels, trusted locations, DUO Security MFA, Legacy Authentication protocol blocking
- Microsoft Intune mobile device compliance policies, app protection policies and integration with 3rd-party services like JAMF for MacOS
- OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams and related components, e.g. SharePoint Online and M365 Groups.
- Support, sustain and upgrade all components required for direct delivery of messaging services, messaging security systems, messaging archiving and eDiscovery services
- Establish controls and champion proactive operational measures to reduce production downtime incidents
- Collaborate and engage with customers and stakeholders to ensure requirements are understandable, services are properly delivered, managed and maintained
- Participate in and provide technical guidance\leadership through the project life cycle as services are onboarded
- Analyze, evaluate and help to resolve issues, develop remediation plans and identify risks
- Share knowledge and train colleagues in support organizations to help empower them to resolve incidents and fulfill requests
- Incorporate standards and processes throughout the support life cycle to satisfy and maintain compliance with security policies and best practices
- Identify potential risk of proposed strategies and ensure alignment of systems design to underlying architecture
- Ensure application design is consistent with solution architecture. Establish standards and leading practices to execute design strategies
- Work with major external technology vendors and understand critical information about future-oriented technologies
- Technical expert in Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online, Intune, Azure AD), and Azure Cloud Security
- 8+ years Systems Engineering experience encompassing requirements development, systems design and analysis, systems integration, and product verification and validation
- 8+ years’ experience adopting cloud methodologies including implementing, supporting and evolving enterprise scale identity management, messaging and office productivity solutions
- Deep knowledge of planning, design, deployment, configuration, optimization and migration of enterprise messaging systems
- Strong understanding of client/server, networking and Internet technologies required to troubleshoot complex messaging systems end-to-end
- Proficiency of related technologies such as PowerShell, Unified Messaging, MFA, Windows Server, mobile devices, eDiscovery and disaster recovery solutions
- Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels