Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.Perspecta has an upcoming need for a Microsoft Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA.Primary responsibility will be to facilitate the success of a Microsoft environment by providing systems engineering and overall technical support of existing and new projects. This will involve supporting all versions of Exchange, Mobile Device Management software and some third party applications including Lotus Domino. May also support other Microsoft solutions including SharePoint projects.These responsibilities include:
• Requirements Gathering
• Architecture and Design
• Collaboration with Customers and Project Management Staff
Candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for day to day operations of an Microsoft environment deployed as part of a large enterprise collaboration environment.
Education and Experience Required:-Strong systems engineering skills
-Willing/able to learn IT technologies quickly
-Must have a current Secret clearance and Security+ certification.Preferred Certification Requirements:
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA): Windows Server 2008 or MSCA: Windows Server 2012 certification
• CompTIA Security+ CE or the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• MCITP or MCSE in MS Exchange.
Knowledge and Skills Required:Desired skills:
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 in a large Exchange Organization (30,000+ global seat implementation)
• Experience with Lotus Domino
• Experience with Blackberry Enterprise Servers or other Mobility Solutions
• Experience with Active Directory in support of Exchange Organizations
• Understanding of the DoD accreditation process and DISA STIGs
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating platforms (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 including IIS) and Office applications (including Visio & Project).
• Proficient with TCP/IP and IT related applications such as WINS, DNS and TELNET.
Professional skills required to successfully support an enterprise organization:
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to facilitate communication and coordination with network users throughout the company
• Attention to detail
• Excellent research skills
• Technical documentation skills
• Must be able to deal appropriately with confidential information
• Ability to work with minimal guidance
• Solid professional and customer service skills
• Able to work independently and as a member on a high performance team
• Provide client support, develop documentation and manage processes when changes occur
• Train/mentor Tier III support services