About the Position:
The Microsoft System Engineer serves as a resource for IT infrastructure projects in the server/windows deploying platforms, supporting the Microsoft suite of solutions. This person is a key contributor for supporting day-to-day processes; this would include maintain AD, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Office 365, and user permissions. They participate in operational monitoring as well as the configuration and administration of Microsoft systems. The Microsoft System Engineer works closely with all members of the IT/Networking Team. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft solutions, servers, virtualization, hardware deployment is needed. This position provides opportunities to contribute to the engineering of new systems and re-engineering of old ones.
- Primary responsibility is to develop, implement and maintain the Microsoft infrastructure to support a high availability video system
- Work effectively with Systems Architects, System Administrators, Project Managers, DBAs, Developers and management to provide timely execution, support, planning, implementation and increased uptimes of business systems. Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise projects.
- Know or quickly learn the technical and business working environment through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- Assist in mentoring of team members and co-workers relating to the job function and demonstrate leadership through technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, business knowledge, organizational skills and professionalism.
- Maintaining vendor support and technical interaction and identifying sound technical solutions to execute the requirements of the business.
- Perform System Administration tasks in multiple Windows systems from version 2008 to current. This includes both physical and virtual servers (using VMWare), troubleshooting and tuning for performance.
- Provide timely updates to the IT Manager regarding ongoing work and issues that arise
- Meet regularly with the IT and Network Managers to go over team activities
- Test and evaluates systems to identify issues and drive improvements
- Assist with connectivity issues and VPN setup
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years Microsoft engineering background
- 5+ years of server hardware experience
- General knowledge of networking technologies and applications such as TCP/IP, LAN/WAN setup, routing protocols
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft tools and analyzing performance issues
- Excellent server hardware knowledge
- High-availability solutions
- Backup / Recovery planning / deployment
- Microsoft Certifications preferred
- After hours and on-call support required.
- Video Conferencing / SIP protocol solution design or administration
- Linux server knowledge
- Knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) or Deaf Culture a plus
- Work is performed in a business office environment.
- Position may require travel to Sacramento facility for onsite server maintenance and infrequent travel to the east coast to support east coast administration.
- On-call support as needed.