ABS Technology is looking for a SQL System Administrator for a Direct Hire engagement with an amazing Client in the Virginia Beach, VA area!
You will work as a Window System Administrator with an emphasis on Windows SQL servers. You will be on a team responsible for installing, upgrading, monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing these servers in accordance with DISA, Navy, and Command policies. You will also be responsible for developing and writing custom SQL queries to execute across the Navy Enterprise.
- 15+ years IT experience
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL experience to include SQL 2008 or newer
- I+ years of experience with Windows Powershell scripting
- Bachelors in related computer science skills and/or security +
- Experience with writing and developing custom SQL queries
- Experience optimizing Microsoft SQL databases
- Experience hardening databases
- Experience working in a virtualized environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft operating systems and networking
- Ability to work independently and in a mentorship position
- Great Organizational skills
- Great communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be able to obtain Security Clearance
- Maintain, manage, and troubleshoot Windows Operating System and Microsoft SQL Databases
- Developing custom Microsoft SQL queries
- Maintain operating system and database patches and compliance
- Implement DISA STIGs
- Optimizing Microsoft SQL databases
- Develop, test, monitor , and work with other personnel on internal/external TTPs/SOPs
- Provide timely reports on projects status and other systems administration work, as required.