What do we do at Karmak? We create dealer management systems (DMS) software for the heavy-duty trucking and automotive industries. Walk into any auto or truck dealership or parts/service shop, and they’ll access a DMS to check their inventory for a new sale or schedule your vehicle for an oil change. At Karmak, our team of industry experts design, develop, train, and support DMS systems that provide visibility, control, and cost savings to our customers. We are innovative problem solvers – in software as well as Sales, Marketing, Consulting, Support, Training, and more – and we’re always looking for bright, curious minds to join our team.
What's in your GPS?
- Provide database support
- Provide database conversion assistance
- Keep the database schemas and documentation up-to-date
- Create standards for our databases and decide whether developer database requests comply with our standards
- Identify tasks coming into the department as to the criticality of the issue. Identify if an SQL task is critical and needs to be fixed or could be scheduled for later
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs issues (data or DB code) and performance issues
- Assist Product Owners and Quality Assurance in development and testing efforts
- Input on decision making processes regarding how to implement new database functionality and design
- Be responsible for or be a contributor to documentation artifacts including functional requirements documents, design documents, and data management plans
What's Under the Hood?
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2012 – 2017, TSQL, Visual Studio and TFS
- Knowledge of database tuning and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of basic Project Management principles
- Ability to design, develop and create database objects on Microsoft SQL Server platform. i.e. Tables, Indexes, Keys, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers, etc.
- Ability to monitor Database performance including execution time and experience implementing efficiency improvements.
- Use of tools to diagnose database performance issues, create reporting index strategies and improve database designs based on SQL execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Cooperative attitude and team-oriented
- Must possess focused multi-tasking abilities and be detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- 5+ years’ experience in the design and building of data models
- 5+ years’ experience in relational database design and tuning.
- This is a position that operates with minimal supervision, technical expertise in software development or other Information Technology areas a plus.
Meet the Truck Team
You will be reporting to the Manager of Data Management and Processing and working directly with two other DBAs. You will also work closely with our team of Software Developers, QA and Analytics.