Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
at Datapipe(View all jobs)Kansas City, Missouri
We are looking for a MS SQL Server DBA to join our Database Administration team. Environment consists of SQL Server databases on physical and virtual machines.
- Provide MS SQL Server technical support to external clients.
- Research and apply Microsoft supplied patches to the databases of each OS.
- Configure and monitor proprietary remote monitoring agents.
- Configure and monitor MSSQL backups.
- Manage SQL server on physical and cloud environments.
- Operate in an environment driven primarily by ticket system requests but also occasional phone requests.
- 5 years experience as a SQL Server DBA, version 2008 or higher.
- Able to pass a Fannie Mae background check. [Mandatory] which includes being a U.S. resident.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and firewalls required.
- Basic understanding of T-SQL and PowerShell required.
- Experience installing and configuring MSSQL 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016 required.
- Experience in Windows Server environments 2008 and 2012 required.
- Experience in MSSQL replication (log shipping, mirroring and clustering)
- Experience with Availability Groups
- Preference given to candidates with experience in Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure environments.
- Knowledge of SAN storage mounts from a host perspective a bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizen, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.