A large healthcare provider is seeking a Microsoft SQL DBA to join their team in Melville. This candidate is responsible for the organization's database platform (Microsoft SQL Server), from daily support and maintenance to designing and implementing the strategic roadmap. You will take on a technical leadership role, working with data architect, system administrators, business intelligence developers/analysts, application team leaders, in a transactional database and data warehouse environment. This individual is responsible for server installations, production system support, application integration, vendor interaction and incident response / service request management. System performance analysis and disaster recovery planning is a crucial component of this job function.
- Participates in project appropriate aspects of information systems lifecycles (business requirements definition, selection / planning, build, test, train, implement, production support).
- Expertise in database design, implementation, management, and tuning.
- Skills which encompass databasescripting, automated monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Extensive understanding of SQL Server administration in an Active Directory environment
- Proficiency with SQL Server database linking to non-SQL Server data sources and proficiency with heterogeneous queries.
- Proficiency with SQL Server Backup and Recovery including point in time and point of failure recovery.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Develops technical and procedural documentation for related systems and applications.
- Performs daily systems administrative duties, including but not limited to error monitoring, storage management, and processor utilization analysis and data integrity validation.
- Works closely with vendors and other suppliers of information systems related products and services to implement solutions or solve business problems.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships, and delivering high quality, value-added services that exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelors' Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science
- Microsoft Systems Administration certification.
- Microsoft Database Administration certification.
- 3+ years DBA experience in large environment.
- Demonstrated successful implementation / knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server Database administration and maintenance ? current supported versions.
- Microsoft Operating Systems ? desktop and server
- Active Directory and Windows security
- HP OpenView management system experiencepreferred
- Symantec Veritas NetBackup experiencepreferred
- Available for on-call or off hour support? 24 x 7 x 365.