At Insight, I am the solution.
Insight is a technology solutions provider serving global and local clients in 191 countries on all continents. Today, thousands of clients, including more than 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500, rely on Insight to acquire, implement and manage technology solutions to empower their business.
We are currently looking for exceptional individual to join our team as Microsoft Software Solutions Specialist.
The Microsoft Software Solutions Specialist is responsible for driving opportunities from the identification to client presentation stages for the designated manufacturer(s) for Insight. This will be achieved through proactive efforts in driving the manufacturer’s information down to the account rep level as well as tracking and assisting in closing of opportunities at the rep and team levels. Activities may involve support duties in the sales and qualification cycles during the identification, awareness, consideration, preference, presentation, quotation, and post-sales client care stages.
The Specialist will also recommend optimal configurations for the client’s environment, and possess the ability to present technical scenarios and solutions that solve the client’s business problems.
- Selling activities to drive revenue for designated manufacturer(s);
- Work open quote list with the appropriate sales associates;
- Proactively engage in client calls and providing assistance in closing specific business opportunities;
- Assist with and participate in client presentations: electronic, phone, face to face, etc.;
- Provide updated open quotes, forecast, sales pipeline data on regular basis to include: quote tracking, order tracking, close ratio, number of calls, open opportunities, etc.;
- Provide answers to pre-sales technical questions for Insight sales executives and customers on defined category;
- Understand and actively promote the use of bid desk, promotions, trade-in programs and other sales incentive programs;
- Provide frequent feedback to Product Management, Bid Desk and Purchasing to ensure appropriate programs, promotions and tools are in place to ensure success at the customer level;
- Coordinate manufacturer lead opportunities provided by the manufacturer for managed account business;
- Have strong relationships with manufacturer field sales force and the manufacturer’s technical teams (e.g. SE, etc.);
- Work with Product Management to ensure coordination with manufacturer’s field sales force and our field sales team;
- Manages and tracks warranty renewals, maintenance contracts, and warranties as applicable to their manufacturer / assigned product lines (if applicable to line)
- Perform leadership role in conjunction with account representatives to proactively communicate renewals with target client accounts
- Contribute to sales support tools creation and maintenance to ensure effective client account support and communications across the organization e.g. flow charts, scorecards, checklists, profile sheets, revenue tracker, etc.
- Contribute and provide analysis for internal win-loss reviews
- Contribute to and participate in manufacturer sales meetings, reviews and other select initiatives
- Develop and maintain expertise on the manufacturer’s products, programs, market priorities, competitors and the industry as well as learning about the manufacturer’s solutions including product solutions, product roadmaps, technology, and industry/competitive information
- Attend manufacturer-specific trainings/events to maintain full knowledge on all applicable manufacturer product, go to market and channel and sales programs
- Resource to assist and participate in identified training sessions and programs
- Provide support and staffing assistance for manufacturer-specific sales programs, incentive programs, focus days, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a product or services sales role;
- Computer hardware/software knowledge is required;
- Must be bilingual;
- Willingness and ability to learn technical and/or product information that will provide the necessary skill set required in support of field sales;
- Professionalism and excellent verbal and presentation skills a must;
- Proactive approach to finding new opportunities, closing existing orders, and increasing sales for the manufacturer across target segments and categories;
- Demonstrated ability to team well with others, and also balance the client needs with available products and services;
- MCP designation preferred but not mandatory;
- Manufacturer sales certifications a plus;
- Needs to be able to complete sales certification training per manufacturer / Insight requirements per schedule set forth upon starting in this position.
Benefits enjoyed by Insight’s teammates:
- Competitive base salary + Bonus;
- Great benefits: group insurance; life insurance, basic accident protection, long term disability income replacement plan;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Continuous training and leadership development;
- Insight University;
- Wellness program: on-site fitness classes, on-site- massage;
- On-site cafeteria;
- Indoor garage;
- And much more