Robert Half is seeking a Microsoft Security Engineer to have a well-rounded working knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365 Security features, and Azure architecture. This Microsoft Security Architect works closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to support the digital transformation of our business. This role is responsible for driving the implementation and adoption of Microsoft's suite of security products across the enterprise.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide security oversight, direction and contribution for the deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement of Microsoft services (Azure, O365, SharePoint, Teams, Skype, OneDrive, etc.)
- Operationalize the effective consumption and management of security events for all Microsoft services.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of best practices, Microsoft security software solutions, and methodologies to make technical recommendations on complex problems, coupled with an approach that utilizes repeatable, efficient processes, automation and best practices.
- Participate as a critical contributor and subject matter expert to key projects and initiatives associated with deploying and securing Microsoft services.
- Perform integration architecture and infrastructure design activities.
- Perform ongoing security assessments, audits and governance checks for Microsoft services ensuring critical security systems and controls remain effective and available.
- Act as a mentor, coach and trainer to other engineers and analysts by sharing technical expertise.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through consistent, quality work and effective communication throughout projects.
- Contribute critical security and architecture requirements in product roadmap and product strategy efforts.
- Provide clear, quantifiable and meaningful metrics that clearly identify risk and risk remediation/mitigation efforts related to Microsoft services.
- Participate in internal and public forums and user group communities to maintain relevant and up to date practices, techniques and information related to security Microsoft security services.
- Manage and ensure the continued involvement and engagement of our Microsoft Security Account team to solving open issues, providing appropriate security solutions, identifying roadmaps, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop an improved Identify and Access Management framework
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft certification or equivalent work experience required
- CISSP, CISM or CISA certification not required but highly desired
- Experience in an Information Security discipline not required but highly desired
- Experience with analyzing and leveraging system, application and security logs to perform detailed forensics
- Extensive experience working with and creating PowerShell scripts for automation, report generation, forensics, etc.
- A good understanding of hosting critical workloads in cloud platforms, including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Office 365; Experience in SharePoint and One Drive for Business deployments.
- Understanding of SharePoint's capability in terms of Security risk and privacy such as libraries, Pages, Work Space, Site, Site Actions, Site Assets, Site Collection and Web Parts.
- Experience in defining security for PaaS and IaaS implementations; such as system configuration, policy, tenant policy restrictions, access control, authentication (including federation), data at rest, and data in transit security.
- Subject matter expertise level experience with working with Microsoft platforms and services (cloud architecture required)
- Extensive experience managing, configuring and administering Active Directory
- Experience with configuring and securing AD, ATA, ATP, EOP, AIP, CA, Azure, OneDrive, SPO, etc.
- Experience and understanding of networking and systems configuration/protocols
- Ability to assess, report and make appropriate detailed recommendations to resolve security/compliance risks
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office