Our Insight Digital Innovation team is searching for an experienced, passionate and professional Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer to join our team.
Under minimal direction the Microsoft Engineer consults with clients during their decision-making process, and at times may help the Universal Service’s Applications teams with their technical acumen and confidence. During the design cycle, the engineer may partner with Universal Service’s Project Managers and interact mainly with client IT managers, directors, and IT pros. You will participate in all aspects of the project delivery lifecycle which includes technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of Microsoft Unified Communication technologies for our clients.
You and your team will build, deploy, and migrate customers to Microsoft Unified Communication Platforms including Lync/Skype for Business, Exchange Unified Messaging and Office 365.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will possess technical and consulting skills, including:
- 5+ years of experience with Exchange 2007/2010/2013/Online Unified Messaging deployments and migrations
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft certified voice gateways (AudioCodes, Sonus, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft certified IP phone deployment and management (Polycom CX/VVX, AudioCodes, etc.)
- 3+ Years working with Telecom Providers, understanding codecs, line types, and protocols.
- 3+ Years of Experience working with IP Segmentation
- 3+ Years of number porting
- 3+ Years working with Public Switched Telephone Networks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities within Microsoft Exchange, AD, Security, ETC.
The candidate will:
- Have Microsoft server administration background (AD, security, Exchange, etc.)
- Have implemented collaboration tools including:
- Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
- Microsoft Teams
- Video and mobility
- Have configured Office 365 services including Azure AD Connect, Intune, Azure AIP and DLP
- Have gateway and SBC installation, configuration, and troubleshooting experience (AudioCodes preferred)
- Be able to develop and improve internal and customer facing processes for repeatable implementation, customizations, and/or maintenance of Microsoft communication systems
- Work independently or on a team to build, deploy, and migrate customers to Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange, Exchange online, and Office 365
- Participate in customer team meetings to gather business and technical requirements for projects
- Participate in team meetings to discuss ongoing project status and deliverables
- Apply and share knowledge; contribute ideas and opinions
- Participate in customer team meetings and lead conversations with senior level executives to understand business requirements and present technical solutions
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context with proven white boarding capabilities
- Convert business requirements into sound technical solutions including both high-level architecture and detailed design
An ideal candidate may also have:
- Experience in migrating from Exchange on-premises to Office 365 or Office 365 Tenant to Tenant using native and 3rd party tools
- Implemented projects involving MS Exchange and complementary applications for compliance, hygiene, archiving, and unified messaging.
- Information security experience (digital certificates, PKI)
- Mobility integration (Office365 Enterprise Mobility Suite)
- Experience migrating from non-Exchange messaging systems to Office 365
- Experience working with SCCM
- Experience configuring and working with Azure, specifically Infrastructure as a Service
- Experience configuring or supporting Windows Virtual Desktop
8-10 years' experience with planning and deployment of the following
- Exchange on prem 2010 – current
- Exchange online
- Exchange hybrid 2010, 2013, 2016
- Azure AD Connect setup and configuration
- ADFS architecture, design, and deployment.
- Active directory 2010 - current
- Deployment of Office pro plus
- Office 365 Advanced features
- Azure AD premium
WORK STATUS: MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD, HOLDER.
BASE SALARY + BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holidays, Matching 401K,
TRAVEL: 20% in Reginal states on East coast
Six to eight years total technology experience in systems integration, corporate IT, or consulting.