Title: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 12 Months
Interview: 1st Round Phone + 2nd Round On-Site
The Azure Solutions Architect will need to be customer-focused and will need to have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree OR Higher degree and relevant work experience
- Certifications - Microsoft Azure certified architect, with a preferredMSCE with Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- 5+ years of project experience deploying cloud solutions (Azure or AWS)
- 3+ years architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topologies focusing directly on deploying Microsoft Azure constructs into on-premise data center environments
- Ability to:
- Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
- Create the conceptual, logical, and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
- Share/Teach the leading practices with internal team members and clients
- Experience in the design and implementation of big data analytics that leverage Hadoop and predictive analytics systems
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-native, secure, distributed applications that leverage microservice architecture, webservices, ReST APIs, API Gateways, relational and NoSQL stores and loosely coupled messaging.
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies.
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds
- Use of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Cloud Foundry in management of configurations
- Experience in DevOps practices including automations and capabilities for CI, CD, metrics, monitoring, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and the organizational adoption of systems thinking, feedback loops and collaboration
- Understand Process methods, like LeanEngineering, Agile, Scrum, DevOps
- Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services, IoT services, etc.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Internet of Things solutions that leverage high volume telemetry ingestion, stream analytics and data visualization
- Understand Containerization constructs like Docker, CoreOS, LXD, Joynet
- Experience in implementing security measures on Azure cloud, at different levels (perimeter security, operational security, audits & logging) – Azure VNETs, Network ACLs, Cloud load balancers & App Gateways, Enabling Azure-provided auditing & logging features etc.
- Virtualization techniques with Hyper-V, VMware with an understanding of various Azure VM instance types & cost, and the experience in sizing of the Cloud VMs for hosting applications onto Cloud
- Experience in identifying appropriate cloud storage mechanisms for various types of data (transactional data, archival data, confidential data etc.), and experience in defining the Cloud storage strategies for various types of data
- Background in web application development using .NET/SQL is preferred
- High degree of ancillary knowledge on containerization and PaaS tools such as Cloud Foundry, Azure Stack and Docker Enterprise.
- Knowledge and use with SQL Database, Oracle, Cassandra, DocumentDb, Mongo DB, RDS, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Redis, Postgres