As part of Global Corporate Services (GCS), the Microsoft 365 Architect will lead the design, documentation, development, and deployment of Microsoft products. The Microsoft 365 Architect will work closely with business stakeholders prior to and post deployment of solutions. This is a remote role. The ideal candidate must be residing in the US.
- Design, plan and execute, and improve Microsoft 365 and Azure-based solutions.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to maximize Microsoft 365 functionality and user experience. Stay current on Microsoft 365 features and capabilities including availability, reliability, performance, backup, and security.
- Lead technical discussions with stakeholders that drive decisions and implementation.
- Participates in compliance and security reviews as necessary including working closely with internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the Microsoft 365 architecture.
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise-wide application design standards are maintained
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to technical staff.
- Able to travel to Milliman’s other sites/locations for meetings/assessments.
- Lead code reviews and collaborate with India and US based development resources.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- The ideal candidate must have minimum 10 years hands-on experience with Microsoft Stack architecture.
- The ideal candidate must have hands-on experience in architecting large Microsoft 365 and Azure-based solutions, including Office applications, SharePoint Online, MS Teams, and Azure services such as Azure SQL and compute services.
- The ideal candidate must have strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Graph and Power Platform.
- The ideal candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 support technologies including but not limited to Active Directory, DirSync, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), and Azure Active Directory.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders.
- Understanding of Identity Management (ADFS, Azure, other) and Directory Sync supporting M365 workloads.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft DevOps and Agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of pipeline automations and git repository management.
- Working knowledge of popular test frameworks.