The Microelectronics Process Engineer, as part of the larger product development team, provides process engineering solutions in support of product development, NPI, and manufacturing of a variety of different RF, Optical and microelectronic product families. We are looking for an experienced Microelectronic Process engineer, to work within a worldwide end-to-end product development team, to successfully develop and implement into manufacturing, advanced Opto/microelectronic components, modules and sub-systems.
Nature of Duties / Responsibilities
- Work directly with RF, optical and microelectronic product design and development teams to provide process engineering solutions in support of new product development, with subsequent NPI and manufacturing support.
- Mechanical design experience would be an asset for this position.
- Strong project/customer management skills required.
- Supports new technology research and development pertaining to optical and microelectronic process solutions.
- Manages projects and timelines in order to meet milestones and deliverables of various projects.
- Develops processes related to the assembly of Optical and Microelectronic modules, such as optical active/passive alignment, epoxy dispensing, semiconductor die and microelectronic components bonding and interconnection (wirebond), flip chip assembly, under fill, packaging encapsulation, etc.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes process performance problems. Provides technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- Conducts research into complex engineering problems to develop new operating policies, capabilities, and processes.
- Assists the Process Engineering team to deliver on accountabilities. Takes ownership for processes under his/her control.
- Creates process assembly documentation.
- Tooling and fixture design and procurement.
- Performs qualification on new processes being introduced.
- Implements and suggests engineering changes.
- Researches, procures, and accepts new pieces of equipment for continuously evolving technologies.
- Supports customer NPI builds within tight timelines.
- Provides DFx type feedback to the internal design team as well as external customers to help optimize manufacturability of products as well as increase yields and throughput.
Education & Experience
- Requires a University degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred).
- 8+ years' experience in a Process or Manufacturing Engineering support role.
- Experience with Optical and Microelectronic technologies and processes.
- Experience with Auto cad/SolidWorks required.
- Hands-on build experience would be an asset (handling bare dies or miniature components with tweezers, use of microscopes, camera systems, etc).
- Experience with equipment programming (auto dispensers, pick and place machines, welders, etc) would be beneficial.
- Exposure to product design and development phases would be beneficial.
- A background in the execution of “best practice” process control is required.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience with DFM and FMEA would be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).