As a regional NXP MCU product line FAE you will utilize your technical skills to drive demand creation in pre- and post –sales engagements with customers to move opportunities into design wins and to production. You will partner with local Avnet and NXP sales management to identify new customer projects, define and execute the account sales strategy, and maintain support throughout the customer’s product development cycle.
- Deliver NXP MCU product roadmaps (Kinetis, LPC), features, and competitive positioning in a persuasive and engaging manner during customer pre-sales meetings.
- Responsible for understanding the technical requirements/specifications of the customer’s product and architecting an optimum NXP MCU-based device solution.
- Provide NXP MCU technical expertise on product enablement: documentation, NPX and third party tools, SDKs. Demos, reference designs, vertical solutions, etc.
- Work with your Avnet peers and NXP technical resources to debug and resolve customer technical support issues.
- Train customer engineers and Avnet FAEs on the NXP MCU portfolio and enablement tools.
- Deliver results to quarterly KPIs – registrations, design wins, and design win revenue.
- Minimum experience required is typically 8+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- 4 – 7 years of experience with ARM cortex M series core MCUs in embedded system design utilizing IDE tools like MCUXpresso, RTOs such as FreeRTOS, and developing embedded software. C/C++ experience is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of peripherals such as Flash devices (NAND/eMMC/SPI), SDIO, HS USB, GE, Serial, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Ability to solve MCU/embedded systems technical problems by leading the customer through the debug process.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills for presenting to customers, and for keeping a large, diverse team current on issues, actions, and strategy.
- Works effectively under pressure in managing multiple customer issues.
- Regular travel will be required for this position.