Job Description Summary
The Microbiology Solution Architect will beresponsible for driving revenue creation which includes automation capitalsales, service, applications and consumable revenue for the BD Kiestra lab automation lines. This market development into the IDN, acute care hospitals and Reference Laboratory markets will be accomplished through a consultative selling process and involves a matrix team solution sale. Within the solution selling may include adjacent products in the BDportfolio. Typical buying cycles can be complex including executive sponsorship and board of director approvals.Sales cycles are typically 6 - 24monthsand call points reach senior level decision makers.
Microbiology Solution Architect - Kiestra Product Line (Sales) - CA/AZ/NM/NV/CO
- Strong track record of team selling including solution sales
- Able to lead seamlessly and effectively across a complex matrix
- Successful track record in capital selling into complex organizations
- Experienced in contract negotiation
- Adept at building effective financial models
- Strong C-suite presentation skills
- Strong sales process skills including CRM/SalesForce.com™ management, funnel management and forecasting
- Develop and implement a strategic account sales plan which includes multiple external stakeholders in the hospital and reference lab environment to achieve sales of the BD Kiestra product line and all relevant pull through products.
- Leading without direct authority of the local account teams; partnership with the Strategic Customer Group Vice Presidents, Marketing, Service and Project Management.
- Effectively deploying clinically relevant product features / benefits with economic justification using existing selling tools as well as creating new tools specific to each customer situation to define the value of our product offerings.
- Manages and coordinates all decision makers to arrive at a contractual purchase agreement for Kiestra and related products.
- Responsible for maintaining realized revenue stream and ensuring customer satisfaction through consistent customer contact.
- Attain or exceed the overall sales plan for the designated platform of product; maximize the potential of all contract terms realized between BD and customer.
- The Lab Automation Executive will need to have a command of BD's long term strategic direction and be able to communicate that strategy to the customer. Using this knowledge, demonstrate the value proposition of the entire product portfolio to be consistent with the needs of the customer.
- Manage the sales process consisting of the clinical laboratory (molecular, microbiology, virology) which includes Medical Technologists, Microbiology Managers/Directors, pathology, Anti-Microbial Stewardship Councils, epidemiologists and infectious disease clinicians; and hospital administration in the assigned territory.
- Foster existing, and establish new, relationships with clinical lab Administration and executive leadership in the respective territories.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- BA / BS in Life Sciences, biological areas, business or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years documented sales success (top 20%) in large dollar capital equipment sales into the clinical lab (e.g. microbiology sales with capital component , central laboratory including Chemistry/Immunoassay and Automation)
- Strong knowledge of large capital equipment sales in complex accounts (hospitals and reference labs).
- Solution selling and leading without authority in a highly matrix organization
- Knowledge of selling process and the components to build / maintain customer loyalty.
- Preparation, presentation and closing skills to include direct sales, use of distributionchannel and/or team selling approach.
- Strong organizational skills. Territory management, account assessment and relationship development. Analytical with financialorientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Ability to develop markets for new technology and new medical practices.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal interaction required.
- Computer and new technology savvy - working knowledge of MS Office applications, PowerPoint, SharePoint, iPhone, Skype and / or other connectivity devices.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
Job ID R-22954