Micro Automation is recruiting a full time developer who will be joining a team of highly skilled technical professionals who focus on delivering solutions to the various business areas within Sun Life Financial.
Micro Automation delivers desktop applications and solutions targeted at providing value to Sun Life Financial through innovation and collaboration. Our solutions span a range of technologies including Pega Robotics, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SQL Server. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities for both personal growth and continuous learnings provided by the team and by Sun Life Financial. Some of those opportunities will come by working directly with our business partners as well as our sister teams of Data Science and Reporting & Analytics. We strive to provide a work and home balance for all our employees by providing flex hours and periodic work from home options.
- Work with business requirements to design, code, test and deploy software
- Participate in the software development process to help ensure the solutions meet design requirements, performance, maintainability and stability
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts, lead designers and project managers/scrummasters
- Produce design and supporting documentation
- Troubleshoot and fix technical issues
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent disciplines
- Strong with Microsoft SQL and relational databases
- Strong with Microsoft Access development including coding with VBA
- Well versed working in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills
- Ability to breakdown high-level business requirements into more detail by questioning and probing for clarification
- Lead analysis and activities to estimate feasibility, cost and time
- Highly motivated individual who is able to learn quickly and execute independently
- Working knowledge of source code control
- Skills with Automated Testing, in particular with HP UFT
- Reporting and analysis with Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Some project work may be required outside of regular office hours to support critical time lines and/or critical deliverables