Job ID 61751BR Date posted 02/22/2018 City Phoenix State Arizona CountryUS
This supply chain position is responsible for strategic sourcing activities as part of an assigned global strategic sourcing team. The individual will be responsible for implementing cost reduction initiatives through supply chain part transitions. Focus is placed on project coordination of standard work and managing input/output from multiple business unit/site disciplines. Additional duties are to support cost reduction through design enhancement projects and contract negotiations.
Heavy focus will be placed on meeting internal and external customer requirements and understanding supply chain regional & global strategies. The selected individual will be expected to coordinate and implement a gated standard work process on individual supplier part transition projects. While doing so, the selected individual will also be expected to work hands on with suppliers to establish synergetic relationships, identify/mitigate risks and drive the process to reduce cost of product while maintaining delivery and quality.
- Manage re-sourcing projects once handed off from strategic team
- Follows UTAS’s best practice standard work transfer process
- Ensures FAI and production timelines are met
- Works with incumbent and new sources on ramp up/ramp down
- Active involvement in commodity strategy and vision
- Supports supplier development activity
- Works cross functionally with Interiors tactical value-stream procurement organizational touch points
- Coordinates and leads supplier business reviews
- Validate & refining cost reduction business cases.
- Initiate and direct UTAS playbook processes such as UPPAP production readiness, substantiation plans, quality plans, CAI/FAI’s, special process approvals
- Coordinate with procurement on negotiates pricing, contracts, and terms
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years minimum experience in supply chain/procurement leadership with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Hands on application and concept of ERP systemsExperience in related activities in aerospace may be an acceptable substitute (e.g. Operations Mgmt, Program Mgmt, etc.
- Commodity/strategic work transfer experience working with multiple aerospace components.
- Ability to establish credibility with business counterparts.
- Demonstrated success in developing detailed plans and carrying through to successful execution.
- Experience with global activities, including sourcing and/or operations within different cultures and styles.
- Experience managing or leading projects or programs.
Degree Requirement: BS Degree in Supply Chain Mgmt or related
Professional Supply Chain Certification Preferred
Senior CI Accreditation (Lean, Six Sigma – both classroom and field accreditation) preferred
Project Management Certification Preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.