This position manages all activities related to the operations of the auction, including lot operations, reconditioning, vehicle entry, and procurement/posting. This position is in a production environment and will require someone that is comfortable with change and creating efficiencies. This manager will lead with the use of Salesforce, Crew Management, Labor Scheduling Tool and our Productivity Tools.
• Effectively manage all aspects of sale day operations, ensuring all vehicles are properly staged and efficiently run through auction lanes.
• Assist senior management in developing and executing operational business plans, analyzing operational expenses, and implementing procedures to improve efficiencies. Lead with LDM Partnerships.
• Manage reconditioning, posting/procurement, and vehicle entry functions and work with commercial departments to schedule and prepare vehicles for sale, ensure effective reconditioning and proper recording & posting of vehicle charges, etc.
• Direct activities of Vehicle Entry Check-in function to ensure vehicles are recorded in AS400 properly and in a timely manner.
• Manage and direct the documentation of Vehicle Condition Writing and Condition Report and/or computer data entry.
• Maintain positive customer relations and provide out-of-town customers with transportation to and from the Auction.
• Manage lot operations on a daily basis to ensure efficient operations prior to and after sale.
• Supervise and develop lot operations staff, their professional and technical knowledge by: recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees and by providing educational opportunities.
• Provide coaching and training for: lot drivers, lane leaders, lot coordinators, lane captains, crew leaders and administrative staff.
• Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor, evaluate job performance and conduct performance appraisals.
• Monitor lot damage, meet with general management on a regular basis to review and resolve potential lot operation problems.
• Work with Lot Coordinators to ensure all vehicles are located, delivered to the lot, properly numbered and parked.
• Ensure all company assets used in operations are properly maintained and accounted for. Maintain/oversee maintenance of equipment including radios, PT scanners, service trucks, wreckers, fuel trucks/equipment, jump boxes, lot vans, golf carts, and lift trucks.
• Maintain staging & inventory areas and sale lanes to ensure operational efficiency.
• Develop and maintain effective schedules for all drivers and lot personnel.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Provide assistance and timely feedback to customer inquiries
• Maintain operational requirements by initiating, coordinating and enforcing production and control standards and procedures. Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
• Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
• Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
• Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
• Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
• Physical Demands: Ability to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
Occasional exposure to weather conditions, fumes, and noise.
• Minimum of 5 years operations experience required.
• Experience in the automotive industry or auction business. Reconditioning and/or body shop experience preferred.
• Effective management and decision making skills required.
• Excellent communication and interaction skills required.
• Effective management, decision-making, and organizational skills required.
• Good computer and software knowledge essential.
• AS400 experience preferred.
• Ability to drive multiple vehicle types, including: standard shift, automatic, 5th wheel, semi, RV and boats preferred.
Job ID: 1819524