Mgr Treas Acct / Intercompany Rep
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. You control your own destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Administers corporate accounting, financialreporting for the organization. Assure that appropriate financial information is accumulated and analyzed to monitor improvement initiatives and highlight operational problems and shortfalls.
Execute analytical studies and provide recommendations on operating performance. Assist in the development of capital and S&A budgets. Research and recommend actions to improve the expense position of the Company. Consistently implement policies and procedures.
A strong focus on process improvement, including the ability to understand and analyze complex financial processes and to implement improvements to simplify processing, increase information reliability and/or facilitate process knowledge transfer to future process participants.
· Technical direction of the consolidation of the company’s financial results and preparation of monthly management financial statements and quarterly and annual reports to the SEC (including footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis) all in accordance with US GAAP.
· Supervise the monthly and annual close process to ensure accurate financial information is collected within deadlines for internal and external reporting of financial condition and results of operations.
· Corporate Business Analysis, working with the Executive Office and senior financial staff using established annual ROI and capital spending goals and financials metrics to track and analyze monthly business operating performance.
· Evaluate non-recurring and non-standard transactions and events, and newly issued accounting standards and rules, to ensure the proper treatment and disclosures under U.S. generally accepted accounting standards.
· Partner with the Director Corporate Accounting and Reporting on business issues. Provide direct support for non-U.S. operations to ensure accounting and reporting in accordance with U.S. Standards.
· Provide direction to staff group business managers and financial personnel within the staff groups about all financial matters to assure that initiatives are being adequately supported and that reporting is focused on measuring key initiatives and financial performance.
· Complete periodic reviews of internal controls in order to assure that groups are maintaining accurate books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies.
· Develop qualified financial personnel for the company by providing guidance, supervision, and training for the financial organization in the staff groups.
· The external environment, including technology, competition, markets: that we are competing withother forest products companies in essentially a commodity business. As such, to lower costs to an acceptable level, emphasis must be placed on automation and technological improvement.
Given the significant increase in scrutiny of U.S. public company accounting and reporting, increased emphasis on internal controls, and growing number and complexity of U.S. accounting principles, the position must remain current in accounting and reporting developments.
The incumbent must be able to apply these standards to both current operations and new transactions and events across the Company’s international and domestic business operations.
The internal environment, including interaction withothers, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices: A key challenge will be to ensure proper communication between the staff groups and businesses to effectively reduce costs. Being responsive to a diverse customer base.
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change: Utilize relatively limited resources in order to have a reliable, effective finance organization at the lowest possible cost.
Knowledge and Experience:
· The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS or Master’s Degree in accounting, 7-10 years of public accounting experience in a major international accounting firm, have an active CPA license and a thorough working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Strong cost accounting and manufacturing background preferred. Sound working knowledge of income taxlaws and requirements.
· Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills. Excellent written communication skills to supervise and prepare initial/final drafts of periodic annual filings, including financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis of financial condition and results of operations.
· Excellent verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency. Ability to work in a team environment, including interaction withother members of the Finance Team.
· Ability to work in a multi-tasking, rapidly changing environment with rigid deadlines.
· Accomplish results by acting with the utmost integrity and honesty and executing responsibly.