Mgr, Trade Compliance
The Manager, Trade Compliance requires senior level experience in and working knowledge of all relevant export and import regulations. The Manager, Trade Compliance reports to the MABS Director Trade Compliance-Global.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Institute and manage an efficient and effective Trade Compliance program within the various MABS business locations in the US and Mexico, consistent with the MABS Strategic Business Unit and Meggitt Group Programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all US applicable regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US economic sanctions regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), US Customs regulations, US Census regulation and other regulations pertaining to international trade matters.
- Interface with the MABS Trade Compliance Director-Global regarding current and pending compliance regulation initiatues and legislation that may affect company business.
- Maintain contacts with government regulators, as appropriate, in coordination with MABS T/C Director-Global.
- Ability to enter/change/approve license applications in DTRADE, SNAP-R, and OFAC US Government systems.
- Provide a management-level interface with the MABS T/C Director-Global and site entities to provide guidance on current and future trade regulatory requirements as they relate to the SBU business plans and future products.
- Supervise, manage and maintain Trade Compliance at the MABS business locations, provide day-to-day Trade Compliance support for export and import activities.
- Experience/Knowledge of the reconciliation process with US Customers and Border Protection.
- Support the MABS T/C Director-Global in various business initiative such as product transfer, development of agreements, etc.
- Use Meggitt Group web-based tools for the site T/C activities, as appropriate.Produce, review, analyze and publish Trade Compliance process measurements for the MABS business locations in coordination with the SBU DTC.
- Develop a MABS annual action plan, consistent with the Meggitt Group plans, specifying the objectives of the Trade Compliance function for the MABS business locations.
- Ensure that procedures related to trade regulations and reporting requirements are in place for all appropriate areas of responsibility and personnel at the MABS business locations.
- Maintain a Trade Compliance training program for the MABS business locations in keeping with MABS requirements and consistent with Meggitt Group programs.
- Maintain a Trade Compliance recordkeeping program at the MABS business locations in keeping with MABS requirements and consistent with Meggitt Group programs.
- Ensure that information is provided to MABS T/C Director-Global so various registrations with government agencies are kept up to date s required by regulations.
- Exercise authority equivalent to "US Empowered Official"
- Submit to MABS T/C Director-Global for approval information related to transactions requiring review by Meggitt PLC, including Meggitt-USA General Counsel and Meggitt PLC Senior Legal Counsel.
- Adhere to Meggitt Group processes to ensure export transaction screening (ie national, supra-national and international restricted or denied party lists) is performed as appropriate.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant technical field required (Engineering or technical degreepreferred).
Experience Requirements: Minimum five (5) years Trade Compliance experience in both Import and Export is preferred.
- US Customs Broker License - preferred
- Working knowledge of UK export/import requirements, is a plus
- General knowledge of MABS products, is a plus
- Trade Compliance Auditexperience
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and use of SAP ERP and GTS Business Systems
- Demonstrated management skills and background
- Ability to travel up to 30%