- Face to face selling at customer’s place of business
- Utilize consultative utilizing the value of wholesale (VOW).Target & convert sales opportunities, close sales on vendor conversion initiatives, and develop senior level relationships with your customers, including purchasing mgrs, sales mgrs and owners.
- Effectively communicate with both internal & external customers – manage bids, pricing quotes, gather and utilize competitive information, attend trade shows as required and pursue sales leads.
- Utilize reports and other sales analysis tools to identify opportunities to retain and grow
current accounts as well as open new accounts.
- This position will manage an international territory which may include: Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and others.
- Customers are comprised of distribution companies, super centers and club stores, independent office dealers, other distributionchannels. The contacts are principally business owners, managers and purchasing agents.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis; understand customer’s current needs, and partner with customers through innovative strategy development and growth initiatives offering all relevant Essendant/Lagasse categories of products and services
- Understand company defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks, manages time effectively, continuously monitors their performance against company goals.
- This position will be responsible to achieve territory sales goals, open new accounts, maintain good customer relations, market new products, drive company initiatives, coordinate sales efforts with other departments within the Company, work closely with customer service concerning logistics, pricing and customer management, and coordinate with other directives from sales management
- Bilingual – Spanish/English
- Must be able to travel outside of the United States, approximately 25% of the time
- Must have comfort level working with business owners in different cultural settings
- Computer skills including e-mail, Power Point, Word and Excel and CRM software
- Understanding of e-business and e-marketing
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- Minimum 3year’s wholesale or industrial territory management experience
- Experience selling Janitorial, Food Service, Office Supplies, Safety Products a plus