The Regional Sales Manager is the foundation of Frontier Communications’ success as an organization. As a sales leader, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing and supporting Frontier’s sales talent to maximize growth in both new business and with existing customers. Regional Sales Managers help the sales team solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning those needs and objectives with Frontier solutions. Regional Sales Managers own all opportunities and customers and are responsible for overseeing the coordination of resources and managing the salescampaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Strategic Value of Role
Increase Frontier valuation through new logo acquisition and current customer expansion by:
- Developing team to exceed projected revenue goals in the assigned region/segment
- Working to help team move deals forward to land new logo customers for Frontier
- Develop strong customer loyalty within current accounts to help cross-sell and up-sell opportunities for team, along with creating a strong referral network
- Build team to become trusted advisors to customers, and as a result, maintain low customer attrition
- Coaching team to create high quality performers that will be considered for future leadership roles within Frontier
Your role as a Regional Sales Manager is to develop and mentor a high performing sales team and lead them as they progress opportunities to closed-won deals. As a Regional Sales Manager, you are responsible for ongoing coaching of the team to put them in the position for advancement within Frontier. You will also help the sales team navigate all opportunities and accounts assigned to you through the sales cycle whether that be through working with customers or facilitating internal collaboration. A Regional Sales Manager reports to an Area VP of Sales.
The Regional Sales Manager team is responsible for the talent management aspect of the sales team. This includes working with HR throughout the hiring phase and also overseeing the onboarding of the sales team to ensure future success.
- How does the Regional Sales Manager team generate value for customers?
- Gain a deep understanding of the prospect or customer’s processes and problems
- Ensure the right questions are being asked and answered
- Reviewing proposals created by the sales team to be sure they have identified the right solution(s) to meet the customer’s needs
- Justify all investments through compelling and customer-focused business cases
- Develop the sales team to be in the position to instinctively know how to provide relevant insights to the customer.
- What makes a great RegionalSales Manager?
- Customer Focused: Develops uniquely strong customer loyalty resulting in low-to-no customer attrition
- Strategic: Able to articulate customer value proposition and link solutions to the customer strategy
- Talent Management: Attracts top talent within the organization, assesses talent at all stages in a candidate lifecycle and effective onboarding oversight
- Coach: Ensures ongoing development and growth of team and their related successes
- Domain Expertise: Ensures that team becomes students of the industry and helps team to understand changing market place conditions and new products
- Advancement within Frontier sales organization.
- Positions within sales management.
Why consider this role?
- Contribute as a leader of a world-class sales organization who is a leader in their markets
- Develop and mentor a world class sales team
- Become a key member of the communities your teams sell to in the region through your participation in community activities
- Experience income and career growth potential within an S&P Fortune 500 company who continues to grow
- Work with highly motivated sales, marketing, product, and engineer leaders to deliver high quality solutions to your customers
- Sell a broad portfolio of products and solutions that are constantly being upgraded and improved and where new products are being released
- Drive revenue growth through the sales of Frontier’s products, services and solutions
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connect client’s business objectives with Frontier offerings and solutions
- Lead a team of Account Executives to drive and support Frontier's business within the assigned region
- Apply both tactical and strategic go to market models aimed at growing the customer base
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Frontier
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development
- Build and expand relationships with the decision makers in prospect and customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to the prospect or customer
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
- Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Proactive in adopting sales best practices and a leader in process adherence
- Ability to get customers involved in create business cases and value propositions
- Comfortable speaking with C-suite about financial metrics, calculations and assumptions in business case
- Demonstrates market and industry knowledge and recognizes changing market trends
- Ability to create strong customer loyalty
- Excellent objection handling and contract negotiating skills
- Ability to oversee talent development programs and efforts
- Demonstrates the ability to link corporate strategic goals to customer facing solutions
- Driven to invest time in knowledge acquisition and problem solving that can be applied in a professional context
- Can readily speak to variety of subject relating to Frontier, the industry, or solution value propositions
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Ability to communicate with all levels within customer/prospect’s organization
- Ability to communicate and present to Frontier management as required
- 5+ years previous experience managing sales teams
- 5+ years of experience working in the telecommunications (ILEC, CLEC, wireless or cable), IT or Managed Services Industry in a B2B sales environment
- Applicants must have BA/BS degree from four-year College or university, MBA Preferred
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit:
Candidate must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
Job Location CHARLESTON, West Virginia, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular