This key position within UGI Utilities accounting department will provide technical accounting expertise, including evaluation and documentation of proper accounting treatment of transactions, evaluation of the impact of new accounting pronouncements and oversight of accounting policies and procedures. The position is also responsible for coordination and oversight of the SOX internal controls program, including internal control scoping, coordination of SOX control testing and monitoring of any deficiencies and corrective actions. This position will also support the Controller with new accounting initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Provide technical accounting expertise to business unit.
- Prepare and review accounting memos and whitepapers on critical accounting issues.
- Research accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations and determine impact on business.
- Oversee development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Interface with internal and external auditors and UGI Corporate accounting department
- Assist with design, implementation and oversight of SOX controls at UGI Utilities.
- Interact with internal and external auditors to support their SOX audit efforts.
- Assist Controller with accounting for new accounting and business initiatives.
- Assist in special projects, as needed.
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly/annual closing process.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of current SEC reporting rules and regulations, and U.S. GAAP accounting rules.
- Knowledge of audit practices and standards for both financial statements and internal controls.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience including large public accounting firm experience.
- CPA preferred.